The Transitions section lets you change the current transition or adjust settings for any of the transitions supported by your ATEM switcher:
Tap on the yellow button that displays the currently selected transition. A menu will appear allow you to set the current transition.
Tap the PREV TRANS button in the upper-left to activate Preview Transition mode. When you tap the Auto button, it will preview the transition in the Preview source.
Tap the Auto button in the upper-right to perform an Auto transition with the currently selected transition.
Use the tabs to adjust settings for one of the transitions.
You can only adjust the transition rate with the Mix transition.
You can adjust the rate and the video source used with the Dip transition.
With the Wipe transition, you can adjust the following settings:
- Pos X
- Pos Y
- Flip Flop
- Fill Source: This option is available if your width is greater than 0.
Only those switchers that have Media Clip support will have the Sting transition. You can configure the following settings:
- Source: The media player to use for clip playback.
- Clip Duration: The length of the animation.
- Trigger Point: The time when the switcher will begin the background mix transition.
- Mix Rate: The duration of the mix that will occur between preview and program under the animation.
- Pre-Roll: An amount of time to trim the beginning of the clip.
- Pre Multiplied Key
- Invert Key
The following settings can be changed with the DVE transition:
- Style: Choose the type of DVE transition to perform. Some switchers display different styles than others.
- Rate: The transition rate from 1-250 frames.
- Reverse: Reverse the transition.
- Flip Flop: Flip the orientation of the transition.
- Source Wipe: If Graphic Logo Wipe is chosen, you can specify the fill and (optional) key source to use with the transition.
- Pre Multiplied Key
- Invert Key
When you are recording a macro, the Set All Settings button will appear at the bottom of the page. Tap to record all settings for the selected transition into the macro.
In MixEffect 1.4.0, an Automations link appears at the bottom of the Transitions section or sheet. You can use this to quickly create a Transition preset for the current keyer selected.
NOTE: This option will only appear if you have Enable Automations active in MixEffect Settings and if you have Enable Shortcuts or Enable OSC turned on.
- Set Transition Mix Details / Set Transition Dip Details / Set Transition Wipe Detals / Set Transition Sting Details / Set Transition DVE Details: Tapping the Add to Siri button will create a shortcut that uses appropriate action for the selected transition.
- Send OSC Message: Tapping the Add to Siri button will create a shortcut that uses the Send OSC Message to send the appropriate transition message to MixEffect.
- OSC: If you prefer to enter the OSC commands directly into Companion, this section shows you exactly what you need to enter. For commands with multiple arguments, be sure to choose the
Send message with multiple argumentsaction when using the Generic OSC module.
NOTE: You cannot animate transition settings, so the Use Custom Animation, Duration, and Animation Style options are not available when creating a Transition Automation.