This section explains how to access the DSK functionality of your switcher within MixEffect. For general instructions on what the downstream keyer does, refer to the Blackmagic manual for your switcher.
ATEM Mini users will appreciate the ability to turn on and off the DSK straight from the Switcher interface, as the physical hardware lacks a dedicated DSK button.
The buttons perform the following actions:
- Tie: Links the downstream key with the main transition control.
- Rate: The amount of time an Auto transition will take to complete the transition. Tap to edit the rate.
- On Air: Toggles the DSK on or off.
- Edit: Displays the DSK editing sheet.
If you have an ATEM switcher that has multiple DSKs, a tab interface will appear at the bottom of the page allowing you to modify each DSK independently.
When you are recording a macro, the Set All Settings button will appear at the bottom of the page. Tap to record all settings for the selected DSK into the macro.
In MixEffect 1.4.0, an Automations link appears at the bottom of the DSK section or sheet. You can use this to quickly create a DSK preset.
NOTE: This option will only appear if you have Enable Automations active in MixEffect Settings and if you have Enable Shortcuts or Enable OSC turned on.
- Set DSK: Tapping the Add to Siri button will create a shortcut that uses the Set DSK action.
- Send OSC Message: Tapping the Add to Siri button will create a shortcut that uses the Send OSC Message to send a Set DSK Full message to MixEffect.
- OSC: If you prefer to enter the OSC commands directly into Companion, this section shows you exactly what you need to enter. For commands with multiple arguments, be sure to choose the
Send message with multiple argumentsaction when using the Generic OSC module.
- Use Custom Animation: Toggle this on if you want to animate between the current settings to the saved settings in the shortcut or OSC call.
- Duration: Specify the amount of time to perform the animation in milliseconds from 0 to 10000 (i.e. 10 seconds).
- Style: Choose an animation style that will be used to perform the transition. These styles are the same as in the SuperSource Transition Style.