A native Companion module is being developed for MixEffect. This module exposes many functions of MixEffect through drop-down menus, sliders, and input fields, obviating the need to remember the OSC path and argument order.
NOTE: The current beta release of the native MixEffect Companion Module supports MixEffect commands up to the 1.2.x release. Commands added in the 1.3 and newer releases are not currently supported, so you will have to use the Generic OSC module for those.
To install the Companion module, follow these steps:
- 1.Double-click the EXE or DMG file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Companion.
- 2.Open Companion.
- 3.In the Connections tab of Companion Admin, search for
Adam Tow MixEffectand click Add.
- 4.For the Label field, enter a name by which you'll identify the module (i.e.
- 5.For the Target IP field, enter the IP address of MixEffect running on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Apple Silicon Mac. On MixEffect 1.4 and higher, you'll see the IP address of your device in the Switcher Connection detail screen.
- 6.For the Target Port field, enter the port number of MixEffect, as defined in the Switcher Connection detail screen.
- 7.Make sure that Enable Automations and Enable OSC are turned on in MixEffect Settings > Automations and that Enable OSC Server is turned on in your Switcher Connection detail screen.
- 8.Select the type of ATEM switcher you have in the Model drop-down menu.
- 9.Click Save in Companion.
- 1.Go to the Buttons tab.
- 2.Create a new button.
- 3.Enter a name for the button.
- 4.Click the green Regular Button button.
+ Add key down/on actionin the Press actions section.
- 6.Enter the label you enter in Installation Step 4. A list of available actions will appear.
- 7.Choose an action.
- 8.Enter all relevant fields.
- 9.Click the
Test Actionsbutton to test your button.
If everything is configured properly, the action will take place on MixEffect and your ATEM switcher. If nothing happens, verify that your IP Address and Port Number are set properly and that OSC is enabled in MixEffect.
MixEffect Native Companin Module
Visit this page for links to the current beta build of Companion that includes the MixEffect module.