Comment on page
Enabling OSC in MixEffect
Activating OSC support is a three-step process.
- 1.Enable OSC support in MixEffect.
- 2.Configuring the OSC server for each switcher in MixEffect.
- 3.Setting up your OSC-capable device to communicate with MixEffect.
This turns on OSC support throughout all of MixEffect.
- 1.Tap Settings (gear icon) from the MixEffect Home.
- 2.Tap Automations.
- 3.Tap Enable OSC.
Each switcher connection can have its own OSC server. For instance, if you use MixEffect with an ATEM Mini Pro and an ATEM Extreme, you can have both respond to OSC calls when running MixEffect in Split View on an iPad.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to run MixEffect with multiple switchers at the same time, it is recommended to specify a unique port number for each switcher.
- 1.From the MixEffect Home, tap on a switcher.
- 2.Tap Edit.
- 3.Change the OSC Port number. Choose a number over 40000 and less than 65535 to ensure no conflicts with other ports. The default is 49990.
- 4.Tap Save.
- 5.Tap Enable OSC Server to start the server.
The OSC server is now configured and active for your switcher.
In MixEffect version 1.4.0, the current list of IP addresses assigned to your device will be listed next to the OSC Port number in the Switcher Connection detail page. You can also find the IP address or addresses listed in MixEffect Settings > Automation next to the Enable OSC toggle.
You can also find the IP address of your device by following these steps:
- 1.Go to the Home screen.
- 2.Tap Settings.
- 3.Tap either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, depending on which network your device and the ATEM switcher are connected to.
- 4.Tap the i button.
- 5.Copy the IP Address and enter it into your OSC client like Companion.
OSC commands will be interpreted only when MixEffect is in the foreground of your iOS device.
MixEffect OSC server listens on the port you specified for your switcher. Make sure you have configured your OSC clients to send commands to MixEffect on the correct port.
NOTE: If the OSC server does not appear to respond, try disabling and enabling the server from the Switcher Detail page.