Comment on page
This is the documentation for MixEffect and MixEffect Pro, the professional tool for controlling Blackmagic ATEM switchers from your iPhone or iPad.
- System Requirements
- MixEffect and MixEffect Pro Compared
- Updating MixEffect
- Troubleshooting and Known Issues
- Version History
MixEffect and MixEffect Pro require the following:
- iOS or iPadOS 14.1 or higher.
- Blackmagic ATEM Switcher running version 8.3 or higher.
As of version 1.5.0, release in April, 2022, there are two versions of MixEffect on the App Store:
MixEffect and MixEffect Pro
- MixEffect: Free to download version of MixEffect. Feature limited with a 30-day Trial of MixEffect Pro. Pay with an In-App Purchase to unlock features of MixEffect Pro.
- MixEffect Pro: Paid version of MixEffect Pro. If you use Apple Business Manager to provision and deploy apps to your organization's users, this is the version of MixEffect that you should buy, since ABM does not support In-App Purchases.
The two applications are functionally identical and share the same database. This means you have access to the same set of switchers, SuperSource presets, streaming services, servers, and profiles across both MixEffect and MixEffect Pro running on the same Apple ID.
The welcome screen will present itself the first time you run MixEffect or MixEffect Pro. Tap Take the Tour to view a high-level overview of the features in MixEffect and MixEffect Pro.
When you install MixEffect or MixEffect Pro on a new iOS device, you will want to connect it to your ATEM switcher.
- 1.Open MixEffect or MixEffect Pro.
- 2.Tap the + button.
- 3.Choose New Switcher.
- 4.A list of switchers available on the network will appear below the Notes section in the view that appears. Tap on a switcher to pre-populate the name and IP address fields.
- 5.Set a custom name for your switcher. If you use the same ATEM switcher in different locations, you may want to create two Switcher Connection entries for the same switcher. For instance, one could be called
ATEM Mini Pro (Home)and the other
ATEM Mini Pro (Studio).
- 6.If necessary, enter or update the IP address for the switcher. This is the same address you use with Blackmagic's Atem Software Control application for macOS or Windows.
- 7.Tap Connect. When connected, the ATEM symbol image will change to the image of your ATEM switcher.
- 8.Tap Back or tap the switcher image to go directly to the switcher control section.
Once connected, you will see a list of available features in the MixEffect Home screen.
Turn on App Store auto-updating so you always have the latest version of MixEffect or MixEffect Pro for your device. Whenever the application is updated, a green banner will appear at the top of the application. Tap on the MixEffect X.Y.Z Release Notes button to display information about the new features, changes, and bug fixes in the release.
For technical support not covered in this documentation, follow these steps:
- 1.Go to the MixEffect Home.
- 2.Tap Settings (gear icon) in the upper-left.
- 3.Scroll down to the Contact section.
- 4.Tap Send Feedback.
- 5.Enter your support inquiry.
- 6.Tap Send.